Saturday 22 October 2016

OUT AND AROUND!

AT LAST OUR THIRD COW, so far unnamed, and here showing off her fluffy ears!   She is the first of her kind that I have seen with ears like this.     She is in calf, expecting any day, and is said to be an exceptional Milker.    We shall see.     So now we have THREE all looking rather like her but without the frill round the ears.     So the Dairy will soon be running on all cylinders so to speak.   We are very grateful to the Lord for finding this addition for us, and I know many have also been praying with us that we might find a really good cow to join our little 'herd'!!
TO THE LEFT  a view of our LAYERS just transferred from their initial premises to larger ones, and you can see they are no longer baby chicks, having now moved on from original fluffy yellow balls to brownish feathery youngsters soon now to be adults.    Still some time before they will commence laying though. We have some 340 of them at present plus 400 Broilers.
AND TO THE LEFT AGAIN, an update on the Tomatoes!     They seem to be doing well, and you can see a few blossoms already showing.
But the WEATHER is quite unstable.   After a week of sunshine and warmth, this last week has given way to CLOUDS and RAIN again!   Right now outside it remains a dull day with clouds, and it has only just stopped raining since early morning.   None too warm either which doesn't please poor Esther too much, as she is struggling to get over a cough and cold left over from the last 'cold snap' of a week or so ago.

Good to see things going on.    Even the Kitchen Gardens are doing well, and full of stuff growing and thriving.    We Thank the Lord for His Favour.

WELL this is getting like 'The Farmer's Weekly'!!     But it has been a rather quiet and pedestrian week here, and we thank God for it.    There are many times when daily routine is enough to actually cope with, without anything sensational happening as well.      ALSO one cannot always be inspired, and since there is very little 'feed back' on how our content is received, or suggestions on how we might improve our style and subject matter to create greater interest, we just plod on.    So far we have also had little response from our Contact Enquiries - only two.    Well we shall in any case continue hoping that slowly slowly we shall be led of the Lord for the future pattern of this Blog.

This week I am concluding with the photo opposite which made me remember that night, when shut outside in our backyard whilst my parents violently argued inside the house, I sat and looked up at the star filled sky, and idly asked out loud to myself  'What IS holding the stars UP?'   At six I had never been to church or Sunday School, but my Mum always made me say my prayers before I went to bed each night, and thus brought God consciousness into my life.     "GOD is holding the UP!'   I found myself answering, and with that settled in my mind, I also found PEACE in myself and in my situation.   If He was there holding the stars up there was no doubt in Him also being able to hold me, and my Mum, up too.      He has never failed to prove it progressively for the seventy years since then.   He has been a true Father to me, deeply etched in my soul by the Life, Death, and Resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Love you all, and have a blessing in the week ahead.

John, Esther and Daryl, Green


No comments: