Saturday 10 June 2017

PUT LOVE IN OUR HEARTS FOR ONE ANOTHER - ALWAYS!

THESE KIDS JUST DELIGHT MY SOUL!    I never get tired of seeing them;  any group of them together.     Happy and Bright, they just bring joyful memories from the past right up to the present.
AND THIS HAS BEEN A PAINFUL DAY for me - the 3rd day of suffering caused by a couple of obstinate, though small, kidney stones, that made themselves felt suddenly, our of the blue.     NOT for the first time either.       My 1st encounter with 'Stones' was in May 1980 when I had travelled to Nakuru with Nicholas Mwangi, my then Deputy, to search out a boy of about 14 who was in some distress in the Town there.        We were in the midst of discussing his case with his Care takers when a pain stabbed my back, so fiercly that I just collapsed.    That pain just went on and Nicholas had to drive me home in a hurry to Eldoret, two hours away.     Yes it was a Kidney Stone.     It settled down painlessly after a month or so, but did not roll out until August 1987!!!      Just a little thing smaller than half an apple pip, but with sharp edges.      And now I have TWO more from the same kidney.     It certainly isn't less painful,  and in fact it might indeed be MORE painful .      Really imobilised yesterday but today I have a little relief,  but still shadow pain in my left kidney area.   REAL pain if I MOVE!    My doc says I'll be fine.  But I am hoping that pain goes away WITH the stone .        So here I am looking through our photos, and letting the children that have filled our lives once more fill our memories with joy and gladness of heart.     Bless them every one!    

I do not feel able to sit too long at my computer, and I hope you will forgive me if I make this just a short word this week - especially after an even shorter one last week.      Hopefully by next Saturday the Lord will have helped me, and restored my strength.        We have been very much tried during the past month, but rejoice to share that the the Lord, using His Own, delivered us, and has yet again raised up our spirits, and given us all renewed hope for the future of Testimony Faith Homes.     We shall be 48 years old this August, close to a Golden Jubilee.     Our Father has been SO faithful.      May HE Bless you all, overflowingly.

Lovingly in Him

John, Esther and Daryl Green

No comments: