Saturday 3 November 2018

I FELL FLAT ON MY FACE!!      Just a week ago, on Sunday morning, as I was walking up from Green Cottage to the office, on my way to the Sunday Service- and WHOOMP I found myself trying to recover my steps, having tripped on the uneven path, and suddenly was FLAT ON MY FACE.    Fortunately I landed on some little scrub to the side of the cement path, but I felt awful.    Blood streaming from my mouth and nose.    I lost two teeth and although I felt my nose was broken I only hit it hard and scraped some flesh at the bridge.    And my rib cage raged with pain.   I am a heavy man, and I went down hard.

Manu came to my aid, and I managed to get up and slowly - very slowly - get back to the house, where I changed my clothes (covered in blood) and cleaned myself up a bit.    But my ribs were hurting, and I just had to lay down on the bed.      Nothing could be done since it was Sunday, but on Monday I went off to the Doctor with Daryl.     Fortunately the doctor examining me felt nothing was in fact broken. and gave me a pain killer and told me to be patient - the discomfort might continue to two or three weeks.     A few more tests satisfied him and me that no damage seemed to have been incurred by any internal organs, I can hope to live for another year or two!      I NEEDED the pain killer, and they did, to some extent relieve the pain I was in, but they also made me feel half asleep.      TODAY, after a week, I am still hurting, but it is less intense, and more general.   Initially the real PAIN was in the region of my left rib cage.    This is still the case, but has eased, and has slowly spread across to the right.  I am able to walk without difficulty, but I cannot bend still without careful attention.     I have not been able to see my Dentist.    Hope to do so Monday or Tuesday next week.   My whole mouth has been very tender since the fall was taken by my denture which somehow seemed to have pushed my whole upper teeth, bruising the gum and so on.      All said and done it was really the SHOCK that put me out of order this week.    Took me a while to just get over it; SO unexpected, and at a time when I was feel better than usual, and very elated in my spirit due to the coming together of the Family at Francis' funeral on Saturday.     

It has been a rather immobile week but otherwise I feel more optimistic and at peace than at the beginning.      I have not been sensible enough to be at my computer and thus once again I find myself late in writing anything until now.

I am not looking forward to the dentist.    I rarely enjoy attending, and this time I am sure he will be excavating and removing what is left of the two teeth I lost.   Not something to enjoy, but necessary to endure.      The Surgery is up four flights of stairs - no lift - so hope I make it.

========================= 

EUNICE Lahol has remained this week at her home, where Francis is buried.   She has come through this very difficult time for herself and family very well, and it is clear that the Lord has been close to them all, and able to comfort them and strengthen them in every way.       Eunice has asked to remain as Mother to the children she and Francis brought up and to return to Testimony House as his widow.      Both her children feel the same way, and we (Esther and I) and Daryl feel the same way.  She will resume residence on Monday.     When the 'family' heard of hear decision they were over the moon with happiness, having thought she might leave them as well.       We shall not take further into Testimony House though, at least for the time being, until she has finally had time to assess the future and her ability to cope and maintain control without Francis by her side.     But she is a strong woman, and strong in the LORD.     It has been a HAPPY family all of the preceding years, and we feel it has very hope of continuing to be so.        Please do remember Eunice in your prayers.

May God, our Father in Heave, reach out to you all, and secure you against all the wiles of the devil.
We do Thank God for you all, and all that your prayers support means to us. day by day.

John, Esther and Daryl Green


No comments: