Saturday 17 December 2011

KEEP FOCUSED on HIM!

MY PERSONAL PRAYER for myself is that I might know Him, and the Power of His Resurrection, more and more.     It is so easy to begin well and enthusiastically, and then find the cutting edge of our life in Jesus has been dulled or blunted.    And whilst we may still know the theory and language of our faith, we can at the same time be losing the inspiration and the energy to actually LIVE the LIFE.    I think that is why I appreciate Christmas - it is a time to take a rain check to the BEGINNING just to confirm that my face is still set like a flint to go all the way with Jesus to Jerusalem!!    Am I still walking in His steps; am I still hanging on His every word?
JINGLE BELLS and Father Christmas quite apart; the world's 'Christmassy' distractions put aside, am I keeping up with Him?    Is my dependence solely upon Him?    Or have I slowed down, turned aside and lost the passion and sparkle of my first burst of love for HIM Who IS my Life?       Oh yes, I may still look to the Cross, but I need also to look to the Manger.       I dont' want to end up like King Asa, in 2.Chronicles 14-16.   HE began well, and his heart / mind was perfect with the Lord all the days of his life - but towards the end he somehow hung back and compromised with his faith.

THESE LAST FEW WEEKS I have been hampered once again with a very painful BIG TOE on my left foot.     I have had it before.   It does not seem to be an ingrowing toenail or related to the main joint - just the tip of the toe which is red and tender.      This started in March on arrival in UK, and has come and gone two or three times.      I have so far done without seeing a doctor about it..........
but this week it has been SO painful and frustrating.........and as King Asa in the cartoon  I have cried out 'MAYBE I should have this looked at.'     And he DID.   He took that problem to the Doctor and NOT to the Lord, and he died.   Well I am still enduring...   I hope to continue so to the END.    
The BIBLE teaches that the one that ENDURES to the end will be saved, and secured - the one that keeps on GOING ON.    the one who FIGHTS the Good Fight with ALL his/her might to the very last moment of life - THAT one will be SAVED.
look at Hebrews 10, 35-39 in the New Testament!     It says there -
'DO NOT FLING AWAY your fearless confidence in Christ Jesus, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward, FOR YOU HAVE NEED of steadfast patience and endurance so that you may perform and fully accomplish the Will of God, and thus receive and carry away and enjoy to the full what is promised.     FOR YET A LITTLE WHILE, a very little while, and the Coming One will come, and He will not delay.    BUT the just shall live by faith, and if he draws back and shrinks in fear, my soul has no delight or pleasure in him.   But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery and destruction, but we are of those who believe e - who stick to and trust in and rely upon GOD through JESUS CHRIST
And again in Galations 6v9 & 2 Thessalonians 3v13 where it is written - 'Let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time we shall reap if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faith. (if we continue without weakening).'
IT IS SO EASY TO FLAG!  
LOOK AT REVELATION 2V2-3 -
'I know your industry and laborious toil, and your patient endurance, and dhow you cannot tolerate wicked men, and have tested and critically appraised those who call themselves apostles, and found them to be impostors and liars.    I KNOW you are enduring patiently and are bearing up for My Name's Sake, and you have not fainted or become exhausted or grown weary,  ----   BUT - you HAVE left, abandoned, the love that you had at first - you have abandoned Me, as your first love!     REPENT THEREFORE, change the inner man to meet God's Will, and do the works you did previously when you first knew the Lord!'

In other words, instead of being a FORCE for Righteousness, it is very possible to become a PUSH-OVER by the World and the Enemy - becoming WEARY of well doing!

A WEEK TODAY will be Christmas Eve.      During that evening we shall all (staff and children) assemble on the front lawn near the huge Mahogany Tree, and sing carols, listen to the story of the Nativity,  share prayers and our supper there under the stars and a few lanterns.     We did this for the first time last year and it was a truly wonderful occasion which we will probably continue to enjoy till He Comes.
IN TOWN this morning Father Christmas (an electronic one) swayed to the canned music of the saxophone he was supposed to be playing.      Better than the one they had last year I suppose.   Just one little kid taking an interest.     The shopping mall was overcrowded with noise and bustle, but still no other sign of Christmas to be seen.     Outside the town flooded with a mass of traffic and people.    HOT, dust filled, dirty.      BUT the sky was blue, and the trees green;  just needs one to look up, and things seem better already, and God closer!!
At home the kids are all happy and playful in the sunshine, and in the safety of our grounds.   Truly a little Oasis of Love.        The children are just full of Baby Jesus, and the Wonder and Beauty of it all.    A summer breeze of excitement and expectation.       OUR prayers are with you all, and we know and trust yours are reaching out to US.

Lovingly in the Name of His Majesty


John and Esther  



            


No comments: