Saturday 10 August 2013

RAGS TO REMEDY

A TIBETAN MONK?    No, just one of the boys from Testimony House finishing off a straw hat he had found lying around. Richard Ochieng was not so old when this was taken way back in the early 80s. He was probably just about 6 years old then. Now he is a local business man of 35, happily married with three children. His wife just recently having given birth to their third child, a son.
'Dicky' always had a great sense of humour, which has stood him in good stead over the years.    He often remembers Testimony, and will arrive spontaneously with a Gift of food or other needed commodity JUST when our prayers had been on the way to Father.    Always joyous and glad to be alive, Richard is one who having arrived  VERY young (he was ten months old) has never known another home, and always been glad for it.    A true 'son' of Testimony, and one that we can always be happy and glad for.     And the years go by more come in, year by year.
Just this week another of our family in Testimony House called in.    He also works locally in Eldoret, and is married with four children now.    George Agusioma has continued to be a hard working family man, building what he himself lost early in life.    Both he AND Richard are Believers, and attend church with their wives and children.    Something truly to be Thankful for.     And there are many more that we can look back upon AND also now see grown up and successful in life and spirit.    Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
Something to bring GREAT JOY to us and, an inward SMILE at the satisfaction created by SEEING the Grace of God at work.
Of course the picture above right  is of a REAL Tibetan Monk.............

=========================================== 

ONE WEEK HAS GONE BY since Daryl commenced his sabbatical, (he has been in Nairobi most of the time) and since I have once more found myself sitting at my old desk in the Director's Office.     Well, it felt a little strange for the first day or two, but then I kind of fell back into it all.     We are a little straightened just now, but able to walk on day by day.     My main worry was about getting about.      I have been a little nervous about driving myself around town for a few years.    I had one or two near misses in traffic, and felt that my reflexes were not what they were in the face of increasing traffic in our crowded streets.    I had let Daryl do all the driving.
However, although I still feel unable to drive in town, I have managed to get about, and one of our older School drivers has now agreed to ferry me around the Town when I need to go there.      Of course Daryl has been doing a great deal more than be my chauffeur.   He has dealt with daily business which is quite diverse in the town and its environs.    Apart from physically being the one to actually GO, I now have to try to navigate once more in areas I had given up - such as Banking, and other matters relative to running this ministry.     Rather daunting when I thought about it - but once again I am finding the Lord with me as I GO, and am managing rather well.       Yes I miss having D around, but on the other hand I am not dead yet by any means, and needed to remember it.      Will need your prayers still though.
Our NEW 'Estate Office' managed by our newly appointed Manager, Moses Githambothi is working VERY well, and has already proved itself a needed innovation.     This week we have also taken one of our Certified Public Accountants from the Finance Office  to be part of the Estate Office Team.    From the Beginnng I have been the one to run the Finances of Testimony Faith Homes.    But when we started the Schools it became necessary to open a second Account for the School Transactions alone.    Thus we commenced a Finance Office, which now has a staff or five.      BUT they did not take on the Accounts for the Children's Homes.    I continued to control this area of the Finances myself.     THEN when Daryl took over from me, he took on the finance himself, though he was not as qualified as I am.     THIS WEEK I have handed over responsibility for Homes Finance to Mr. Dan Kipkogei, CPA, the young well qualified clerk transferred to the Estate Office.     He will control the Books, and also be financially responsible for the finance related to the various Self Help Projects under Moses Githambothi's direction.      This will we think make things much easier generally.     

SCHOOL nationwide has now closed for the 'summer' holidays.    This will be for a period of THREE weeks only.      The 3rd and last Term of the year will end in late October and then the LONG Christmas Holiday will begin - the School will not open again until January 2014!!!

The WEATHER continues to be COLD 12-16 Celsius, and WET with quite  lot of rain, with forecasters reporting it may stay and continue on until the end of September.      Not very unusual.      But it is a fact that THIS year has been unduly cool and rainy throughout.      Only about two weeks sunshine that could be enjoyed.     Temperatures low generally.       Not BAD.    Quite enjoyable weather in all, and little discomfort if any - no water shortage, no excessive heat!!    Thank you Lord.

This is week I must leave you a little shorter than usual.    Some might sigh with relief!    I have not commented on the AIRPORT FIRE in Nairobi.    It is a very serious episode.    I may comment next week.  We can be glad for so few casualties, but perhaps apprehensive for the future.    It IS thought that the possibility of foul play may still not be ruled out.     We shall see.

God Bless you all, keep you safe, and Assured in Jesus Name


John and Esther      


No comments: