Saturday 20 June 2020

OPEN OUR EYES - THAT WE MIGHT SEE!

,

OUR EMPTY SCHOOL.......and it looks very much as if it may stay empty until the NEW YEAR!!
We had hoped that the Education Ministry might decide to open in September.    They are in fact still deliberating - but, the now inevitable 'LEAK' from every confidential Meeting, is saying that the majority of parents want their childen left at home until Covid 19 is no longer existant in Kenya.  Many Government Ministers feel the same, and so...........!?     Well we have to still wait and see what the 'Official' Decision will turn out to be.       Of course the longer they wait to grant us all permission to re-open, the greater the problem will be for us all.      AND even worse for all those who have worked in our Private Schools, and whose salary depends on income from parents sending their children to learn with us.     NONE of us will be able to pay, and thus our teachers and support staff will go UNPAID.     How will they survive.     Nobody quite knows.     Again we look to Heaven and our Heavenly Father  (at least some of us will).

The Government has been concerned in recent days because of what they see as rising numbers of Positive C.19 cases being presented.    As of yesterday 19th June Kenya's figures were as below:-
==================================================
Cases Tested - 133,541  /   Positive Cases - 4374  /   Recoveries - 1550  /  Deaths 119
     
================================================== 
NEW cases - as on 19/6/20 -  117
These cases are now springing up all over the Republic, but WE are still not too pressed, and we have heard of only one fatality in our County.      Our Quarantine is stilll holding, but next week it hoped to bring back some of general staff who had been laid off.    The Cufew still in place, but some business slowly being set free from the severest restrictions.
=================================

THIS IS A RECENT PHOTO
of various mansions that are in process of being built very close to our School Field.
They are beautiful, but somehow I cannot imagine building them so that every football will drop into my front garden.    Even the prospect of looking out at a six foot wall, and the back end of our school would not really appeal to me.      Be that as it may, there they are there, and we were here right before they even bought the land to build on, so they must had wanted to be CLOSE.   You can just make out the Soccar goal post - just to the left of center, in front of the wall.     Hmm!


THIS is a water colour painting,
executed by J.E. Jones, dec, who painted it in the 1950s
He was quite well known, and it was the sale of some of his paintings which he left to us on his death, that allowed me and Esther to help send Steven to University.
He actually left the canvases to his sister in law, my foster mother, but she having died, 
they came to me as her only surviving relative.
At the time we ourselves had not a penny, and it is sure Steven would not have taken his place
in the University if my adoptive uncle had not stepped in, unkowingly, to provide.
Wonderfull are the Ways of God.

oo0oo


Well this will probably be all for this week.       We all remain well, and occupied.   After all that is what He wants from us - to be busy about his business;  gathering others into His Kingdom.   At 50 I had begun to think life was running out on me......but here I am still, thirty years later.......   I wrote in 2003 -  ' Our Lord and King has told us to OCCUPY ourselves until He comes.    He has not suggested ANY should retire, or give up on life - NO!     Jesus expects each one of us to keep busy for HIM, and  for the Kingdom of Heaven.    We should not even be thinking of Death or dying!  That is to give in to the Enemy, who longs to see us shot down in flames into some morbid pond of despondancy and despair, never again to find the courage or faith to continue  the fight.
Are you over forty?  Perhaps youhave actually reached fifty and over.  Tou may be a brother or sister in Christ.   Are you feeling a little dispirited;  a little physically dilapidated, and useless to God?  Are you on the verge of making excuses for not pressing on against that Enemy, and from taking up new challenges, and becoming involved in new ministry?    Come on now RISE UP, and GET GOING.  You are not dead yet!   Let God's Spirit  till He COMES!     Take a new look at Life -HIS LIFE - in you, and realise that you can still have a part to play in it;  still make a difference.   Get some Optimism!    Get some Faith!    Don't end your life like JONAH, all shriveled and shrunken in your own spirit.     I always think of Jonah as a man in his fifties;    God was forever saying to him, ARISE!
GET UP and GO!'
Shrink not, Christian!
Willl you  yield, will you quit the painful field?
Will you flee in danger's hour?
Know you not your Captain's POWER?

Let your drooping hearts be GLAD
March in heavenly armour clad.
LET NOT your fears  your course impede,
Great is your strength, if great your need.
Anon.

Our Greeting to you ALL, and may you  all be establised without fear or anxiety because you have Called upon  God in Jesus Name to be your Saviur, your Staff, your Refuge at ever corner.

Lovingly in Him.

John Esther and Daryl Green






1 comment:

Swa4sol said...

Dear John,

First, HAPPY FATHERS'DAY to you!

I have a testimony on how you gave me a prophetic word on 21/06/2000, and its fulfilment. Only in recent weeks did I start feeling the need to share it with you and Esther.
You don't know me but I lived in Eldoret and in that year, was trusting the Lord for a trip to England. In June, I travelled to Nairobi to follow up on the visa application and on the night of 21st June 2000,exactly 20 years ago today, I had a dream. Due to the long visa process, I was staying at my grandmother's mud house in Murang'a and needless to say, there was no telephone line and it was pre-mobile phones' era. But in the dream, there was a telephone on my bedside table.In the very brief phone call, I said hi to you and then you gave me details of my flight. That it would be from 7 to 7. I wrote it in my little diary and this became a confirmation that it was God's will for me to come to the UK, not any other country. Initially, I wanted to go elsewhere. Weekend of 1-2 July I heard the word of the Lord on radio, Isaiah 38:5 and decided not to go back to Eldoret in spite of my boss' threat to terminate my contract for being away too long. I resubmitted my application on Monday 3rd July 2000, which was the day he'd said was my last chance to report back in the office. On 5th July, I went back to Upper Hill and this time, the same person who'd rejected my application asked me to leave my passport with them and to collect it on PM of Thursday 6th. I did and then called my brother who was stationed near the border with Tanzania. I had not been seeing him for long periods of time for I worked in Eldoret. He sent me to the same travel agent who'd booked his flight more than a month before. I had my first passport ever, never even flown locally before so everything was quite new to me. The details of the flight were departure 07:00am; 2 hours stopover in Cairo; arrival 17:00. I didn't know about the Daylight Saving,summer-time 2 hour difference until much later. That my flight was as you had prophesied: 7-7 EAT, a completed work in relation to my getting permanent stay through truth. I thought about my Father's sense of humour. Sending an Englishman to welcome me to London over the phone in a dream! That way, I wouldn't argue with him about the trip as it meant separation from my children, who are yet to join me, 20 years on. In all things, I thank Him for he knows the end from the beginning and I'm still trusting him for this: that soon I will make them breakfast, lunch and dinner in this place, worship the King with them at home and at Church after the C-19 lockdown. I just wanted to thank you for being used to bless us for it is not a coincidence that I get to wish you a Happy Fathers' day today and share the prophetic dream. I don't know what your 21st June 2000 night looked like in the natural realm but the mysteries of our Lord are being revealed as my knowledge of the supernatural increases. And maybe that's why I feel compelled to make this public, now. God bless you sana. May He bless the work of your hands afresh and send you help from above in ways never seen before.

And thank you for keeping us posted on what's going on in TFH, Uasin Gishu and in Kenya.
Shalom. Esther Miryam.