Sunday 1 March 2009

A NEW BEGINNING BEGINS

TODAY - THE 1st MARCH 2009, marks the day that I have finally Appointed our son DARYL to be my Deputy over all the Ministry of Testimony Faith Homes. He will be 37 this coming September, married to Caroline and with three children - Jesse 11, Beckie 9 and Jeremy 6. Daryl and his elder brother Edward were orphaned in 1980 when their Indian father died suddenly of a heart attack. Their mother - a Kikuyu from Kenya had deserted the home years earlier when Daryl was about three years old. They both came to live with me and Esther in Testimony House that same year in which they lost their father, and later we adopted both them into our own family. Daryl completed Form 1v of High School and then went on to Theological College where he attained an Advanced Diploma in Theology. Since then he has also studied Business Management, gaining yet another Diploma successfully in that discipline. He has worked within Testimony Faith Homes as a Houseparent, a Chaplain, administrator so has quite a hands on experience of most of the work that goes on here. Caroline also teaches in our School.

I have wanted him to take the post of my Deputy for some time, but he has felt unready to actually take the responsability until now. But I have always felt he was the best one to come into the work in a more authoritive way, and perhaps if it became God's Will even the one to follow me as Director. SO tomorrow we commence a new era, and with it perhaps also a lot of changes within the ministry here which we hope will make it possible to continue, and to flourish.
Please pray for Daryl and his famly, that the lord will honour this decision and confirm to them His Will in all that it will mean for the future.

Healthwise it is getting a little inconvenient for me to travel a great deal, or to be away from home. Not a life threatening condition, but just physicaly a litting binding on freedom of extended movement. Esther and I would like to take on a few trips, and and I had intimated early in another blog, that we have been invited to spend some weeks in Australia in October. But I think it might not come about - will be having a medical check up soon which will give a clearer picture. In the event, if we find ourselves forced to stay here without travelling too far afield, I might think of sending Daryl to visit friends and churches so that there might be the beginning of a transition in people associating TFH with John Green, and John Green with TFH. John Green cannot go on for ever after all, and it needs to be seen that when I have gone or at least retired from active service, there ARE others that are carrying on the work in the way it was begun and founded.
I still suffer from hypertension and a mild diabetis, as well as an enlarged prostate (benign) and my doc says this cannot but increase the number of times I need to urinate. This is rather restricting when considering travel - and even visitation. I share this as I want to be clear and not give anyone reason to think I am SERIOUSLY unwell!!! I am in all other ways still strong, alert, and ACTIVE.

This has been a good Sunday, and I trust you also have been blessed in it.

Much love in Jesus

JOHN

No comments: