Sunday 22 March 2015

EVENT UPON EVENT!


SOME MONTHS AGO, last year in fact, I shared how TFH had become Members of ACCIK, a National Association joining Charitable Children's Institutions together throughout the Republic.
Daryl Green is in fact the County Representative for Uasin Gishu,  and one of our Missionary Fellowship Nellie Wanjala is Branch Secretary.    THIS MONTH TFH hosted, on behalf of ACCIK (who funded the event) a four day Seminar for Child Carers in the County.  Some 75 attended as from 17th to 20th March.  The Meetings took place in the School Hall as from 9a.m. to 3p.m. daily.     Carol, Daryl's wife, was in charge of the Catering, and excellent facilitators also came in daily.       This was the first time anything like this had been attempted in an effort to help TRAIN houseparents and other Carers in residential child-care.    The idea is in fact to provide training for those without, and also to increase qualifi-cations of those who have none,   DARYL was the co-ordinator, and it is hoped further Seminars will be arranged ongoingly.   He coped very well indeed, and there is no doubt the event proved a great success.
This time round we were blessed to have the Seminar opened by Mr. Julius Yator, the County Director of Children's Services.     He also attended on the last day to close the sessions, and also to present Certificates to the participants.       These certificates will be recognised by Government, and will be gateways for individual participants to proceed on, and later attempt to join Diploma and even Degree Courses.   This is very real step forward.  

I personally am still not feeling quite well after my three week skirmish with the 'Flue.   Currently I have no appetite, and still plagued by a persistent cough.    I still believe the extreme DUST propelled by strong winds through every day, and the HEAT have not help recovery.    Still no sight of RAIN - may well continue through April!!     This may turn out to be the longest drought for some twenty years in this region.
Esther seems to have go over her own brush with the 'flu, and is seemingly quite better.     I am very glad for her since she leads a very busy and demanding life.

TODAY IS THE SCHOOL SPORTS DAY.    It is not being held on our premises today but in the Town Sports Club, a little distance away.       Our own field is a pure dust field just now, and with the wind still blowing strongly it just would not have been pleasant for students or parents alike.   DARYL will have been there throughout; he never tires of running about, and enduring all the many things demanded of him.     Hope to have a few photos to insert here.    ((Immediately after writing this we endured a total power Black-out as from 3p.m. until 9.30p.m.!   This meant I could not complete the Blog today, and  neither was able to insert photos until tomorrow morning))       BUT NO NEW PHOTOS OF Jacaranda Cottage - the NEW house this time round.      I will let them get on with internal matters before moving in once more to reveal their progress on that front.


I have been feeling disappointed with E-mail and Face Book of late.     E-mail seems to attract only a lot of unwanted mail from con men and women trying to make money.    Then also a great deal of unwanted business applications.     I guess these days I see only about 1 in 50 letters to me personally.    And Face Books seems to collect more and more people I do not know, have never seen or spoken to - notwithstanding the fact that the majority of those I 'might know' are not actually in contact with me or I with them.     In fact even the few regular contacts I can say I really KNOW and exchange a word with once a month seem to have moved out of Face Book.      A great silence has fallen upon them.    So I may first of all 'unfriend' the vast majority of people that never speak to me directly.     Thereafter, if that does not improve things I may simply dump Face Book altogether and even other similar contact groups.     So be warned - I may soon disconnect myself from electric mail.    I enjoy conversation and exchange of ideas.    On the other hand it maybe that I am a minority age wise in what is averagely a much younger audience.    

Once again I must close for this week.      Trust that those of you still reading this have also managed to get through your week, and that you too can testify to the ongoing Grace of God.     We do pray and remember you all, and will be glad to know all is well for you and yours.

Lovingly John Esther and Daryl Green

No comments: