Saturday 14 March 2015

STRUCK DOWN WITH 'FLU!



WELL, THIS IS NOT ME OF COURSE,  but I sure feel worse than he looks, and after a week I finally succumbed to see a Doctor, this morning, who first confirmed I was strong enough, and then prescribed a high powered drug which he hoped to bring me through.     The printed 'side of effects' of this drug - especially for the elderly - are in fact more scary than 'FLU itself.
WE have all had influenza now, including baby Abigail, and Esther.   AND the weather is not wet or cold, but in the midst of a drought in the HOT season -  Well I think it is worse in these conditions.   Our worst symptoms have been severe malaise - all strength just GONE from us,  Then a sepulchral cough,  upset stomach, general unsteadiness.     BUT we have managed to be up and about at least part of every day.    TEN days now, and we are told perhaps a further 14 more before we can expect to see a real turn around.    BUT the LORD is our strength - stronger than the strongest medicine.    We look now to HIM,     Just another one of those SET-BACKS that drop in upon us from time to time to TEST our  allegiance to His Word and actual Presence IN us.      Blessed be the name of God almighty,     I have in fact needed time away from the Office; time to think through and meditate many important spiritual issues.      Not the most pleasant way to GET the time, but it certainly works in that it prevents almost ANYTHING coming to disturb me.

A SLIGHT GAP - I repaired to bed and have only just woken up.     Feel a little better, but rather weak and wobbly.  

Of course I have not been moving round as usual, and so today it has been Daryl caught up in extra duties and in taking the weekly photo of the New Jacaranda House project.       The School Parent & Teachers Annual General Meeting was this morning the School Hall.     Always well attended it lasted from 9a.m. to 2p.m.!!     Daryl was there to represent the Management of TFH.     They had a good time, and it was good for Daryl to be there with them for the first time.         THEN he took some photos for me, which I have pleasure in posting here.     THE ROOF IS ON!!     Almost to the day work began in December last year.
NOW work will properly commence on the electrics and plumbing and also the Flooring, plastering,  painting. and glazing/      We are glad for the progress and the standard of work done so far.    It now LOOKS like a house, and is the more REAL.   All Thanks and Glory to Jesus!

THE WEATHER remains static - unchanged, but for gale force WINDS now blowing dust and germs all day long.    We hope this will eventually also blow the RAINS to us.    Temperatures still climbing to upper 80f.    Not so good for the Jacaranda Compound especially relative to the DUST from the building site which is engulfing the other houses and causing a multitude of coughs and colds.

I must end here.        One of my shorter ventures.   Hope you will forgive me if I now crawl back to bed before I actually 'drop off' at the computer.     I feel there is improvement in my condition, and am hopeful I might be able to make to Church in the morning.    God Bless you all in Jesus Name.

John, Esther and Daryl Green

No comments: